Saturday, January 9, 2010

No Heat!!

I left work early yesterday because I wanted to make sure I had plenty of sunlight to see the ice on my way home- the interstate was ok, but just like my morning commute, as soon as I got off the interstate, ice was everywhere- I saw at least 4 cars on my way home which were stuck in various ditches on the side of the road! Thankfully, I made it home ok.

However, upon arriving at home, I realized the house was very cold. 53 degrees to be exact!! I checked the thermostat and the heat was definitely not working. This has happened in the past and Chad has been able to fix the problem, but this time, he couln't fix it (something with the ignitor in the furnace). We proceeded to call repair-people to come and fix the problem, but everyone was busy or refused to come out with all of the ice on the roads. So Chad and I spent a very cold night last night!! (we stayed at home because I was too scared to get back on the roads last night!) We dragged some mattresses upstairs into the office and shut the door and turned on a space heater and stayed relatively warm (I had 5 layers of blankets). However, this morning when we went downstairs, the house was a chilly 39 degrees!!! ......Of course the furnace would decide to stop working on the coldest night ever (our thermometer said it was 12degrees outside this morning!)

Thankfully, the heater repairman guy just arrived so we should have heat restored sometime soon. Until then, Chad and I will continue to wear our winter coats around the house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment