So, just one more mention about creepy marta guy.. he hasn't bothered me since, and I got pepper spray and a taser for Christmas- so I'll be prepared if he approaches me again...
In other news, the roads are crazy today!! I listened to the news this morning, and the anchors encouraged everyone to stay home because of the icy roads- I thought it was just typical Atlanta paranoia, so I proceeded to drive to work... bad idea!!! The fact that our driveway was covered with ice should have clued me in about the rest of the drive....but I figured that the actual neighborhood street would be less icy than the driveway. and it wasn't. So I figured that the busier road outside of our neighborhood would be less icy, and it wasn't...it was absolutely covered.. so I started to freak out! There was a car coming up behind me, and I wanted to drive really slowly so I decided I would turn into a neighborhood up ahead and let the car pass me. Unfortunately, when I pressed the brake pedal, I lost complete control of the car- Luckily, I wasn't going very fast so my car only slightly ran off of the road. The guy in the car behind me got out of his car and helped me get my car out of the ice (thank you random stranger!)
By that point, I figured there would be less ice if I continued to work rather than turning around to go back home, so I kept driving. Luckily, I-85 was ok, but once I got off of the interstate, it was horrible again! When I finally made it to the parking lot, it was so icy that I couldnt even see the lines for the parking spaces, so I just sort of made up my own space (hopefully my car will be ok!).
People are slowly trickling into work now and everyone has horror stories of the ride in.- apparently on Williams street (which is in the heart of downtown) there is so much ice on a hill that cars can't make it to the top and are sliding backwards. Everyone walking on the sidewalks are afraid that they are going to slip on the ice or that cars are going to lose control and drive them over.... Its verrry scary out there. I really can't believe that work wasn't cancelled- I'm positive that someone is going to get into a wreck coming to work...
The main problem is that GA DOT is spending all of their time keeping the ice off the interstates (the interstates keep refreezing) that there is absolutely no way they can get to the secondary/surface streets.. anyways, moral of my story- stay home today!!!! Do not go to work!!!! I'm so scared about my drive home.... maybe I'll just stay here overnight..
Best! Day! #tatumtot https://ift.tt/2TaAyur
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment