Friday, January 15, 2010

Emily Piper McGill

My friend Emily passed away on Monday morning. She was in my pledge class at Phi Mu and was involved in CCF, the campus ministry I was involved in at GT. She was the best of the best. A woman of incredible faith who made everyone around her feel loved and cherished. A woman who devoted her life to serving others. A women, that as Joe, her husband said, lived more in 26 years than most people live their entire lives. I will miss her. I will never forget her incredible smile, her zest for life, her willingness to try new things, the way she made others feel, her incredible faith...

I never realized she said this, but according to our campus minister, right before her first surgery when her brain cancer had just been discovered, she looked at Rick and said- "The worst thing that can happen Rick is I will get to see Jesus sooner than you." Its hard not to be sad about the loss of such an incredible girl, but I rejoice in knowing she's in a better place.

Here are some of my pics that I have of emily that make me smile (well all of her pics make me smile, but I narrowed it down)-


Emily having fun on a cruise we took in college :)



Emily enjoying her food on the cruise with Laura looking on



Emily looking beautiful at one of our Phi Mu formals



Emily and I at CCF



Emily hugging Lindsey at mellow mushroom



Ashley, Bethany, the chick-fil-a cow, Emily, and I at the Mission Massai benefit concert


Emily, me, and Ashley sitting outside of Phi Mu


"There will be a day, with no more tears, no more pain, no more fears. There will be a day, when the burdens of this place, will be no more- we'll see Jesus face to face"

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chrissy! Could you email me that picture of me and Emily? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete