Friday, February 12, 2010

2 more marta encounters

I really should just name this post 'Adventures on MARTA'!! :) When I'm sitting in front of a computer, it's normally right after I've ridden MARTA so its fresh in my mind... maybe in the future I'll actually post about my life outside of public transportation. but that day is not today.

1) So this morning, I said goodmorning to the newspaper man (mentioned in the previous post) and he walked towards me, which is weird bc he knows by now that I never buy a newspaper. He proceeded to hand me an envelope that said "you so sweet" on the outside. When I opened the envelope, there was a hersheys bar inside! So I guess I now have a MARTA valentine.

2) Yesterday on my ride home from work, a short gray-haired man stood up and stood in the middle of a very crowded train and asked 'does anyone have a cigarette?? I'm nic-ken like a chicken'. It made me laugh- I've never heard that phrase before.

In other MARTA news, have yall heard about the controversy of the naming of the 'yellow line'? Apparently the route takes you to a large Asian community, and some people living in that community were offended that they decided to name the route 'yellow'. MARTA has caved and will now rename the line the 'Gold line'- which will cost xxxx amount of dollars to do. Awesome.

Happy Valentines Weeekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment