Monday, March 22, 2010

Update!

So… ivy is 80-90% pulled up, but right now I think we’re in the ‘origin’ of it all… the vines are thicker and harder to pull up and are crazy intertangled…. This is where the granddaddy vines live. And they are not giving up their claim on our backyard very easily…..thankfully chad and I haven’t gotten too much poison ivy this past month and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel… now if we can just finish pulling it all up before all of the bugs start emerging! (ive warned chad that once this starts, I’ll be MIA and he’ll have to finish the job all by his lonesome!) We’re piling up all of the ivy that we’ve pulled so far into a huge mound right over our fence line. When we’re all done, I’ll have to take a picture of the mound and post it so you can see the extent of our work.. its insane!! And we have to figure out what to do with the hhhhuuuuuge pile… maybe pour tons of gasoline on it and torch it all…..

In other news, last week I started noticing that my Civic was acting a little weird- when it would switch gears, it would rev up before sticking and I had a sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with the transmission- I figured it wasn’t really that big of a deal though because my car only has about 70k miles on it and it’s a Honda- supposed to be a reliable car, right? And I know nothing about cars, so I was probably wrong anyway and my car was perfectly fine- so I just put it in the back of my mind.

....So… I absolutely hate putting gas in my car. (I guess I inherited it from my mom who refuses to put gas in her car- she’d rather run out of gas than pump gas so my dad has to stay on his toes and make sure that he fills up her car when it starts getting low!!... but I digress…..) My car was on empty, so Chad switched cars with me so that I could drive his car to work and he could fill up my car on his way to work. I am super glad that Chad drove my car to work that day, because while he was driving it, my Honda all of the sudden went kaput (well I’m not happy that it died on chad, but im glad it didn’t happen with me driving bc I would have become a major stress-ball- especially if it happened on I-85.. I don’t think it would have been very pretty to say the least …). It wouldn’t accelerate at all and he had to coast to the side of the road (highway 74) and call a tow-truck to take it to a repair shop. A tow-truck!!! My poor Honda Civic that has never ever given me any trouble at all had to be towed!!

So the verdict is, my car needs a new transmission (well actually its going to get rebuilt). Did you know that transmission work is EXPENSIVE!?! It hurts to think about what we could have bought with the money we’re spending on the transmission!! (not that we would have, but still, you know?) We could have taken an amazing vacation, or bought some awesome furniture, or paid for someone else to deal with all of the ivy! So anyways, I’m trying not to think about how much it is and to just acknowledge it’s a necessary part of life- part of owning cars- part of growing up. Thankfully, Chads dad is away on business this week so we can borrow his car and we don’t have to worry about getting to work at the same time with one car when we work in completely opposite direction!

On that note, happy spring! Wasn’t Saturday beeea-utiful!!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment